Degenerative disorders is the result of a continuous process based on degenerative cell changes, affecting tissues or organs, which will increasingly deteriorate over time, whether due to normal bodily wear or lifestyle choices such as exercise or eating habits, mainly includes degenerative nerve and degenerative disc diseases like Parkinsons disease, paralysis, arthritis, back pain, neck pain, spinal disc bulge etc, which are most common disorders in mankind. We in Vedamarogya Ayurveda hospital, provide you with the complete care and effective panchakarma treatments for the same which will be planned after analyzing the signs/symptoms of the particular disorders.
Treatments for degenerative disorders mainly include:
- ShastikaShali Pinda Sweda – Shastika Shali Pinda Sweda is very good treatment modality in chronic Vata diseases.
- KatiBasti – Kati Basti (Vasti) is a traditional Ayurvedic treatment used for lower backache and disorders of lumbosacral region, including slip disc, lumbar spondylosis, sciatica, spinal problems etc. Kati Vasti is a part of external oleation (Snehana) therapy in Ayurveda. It is very safe, non-invasive and green category procedure.
- Greevabasti – The phrase Greeva Basti is from Sanskrit. The word Greeva refers to neck and Basti stands for container or retaining something inside. It is an Ayurvedic neck care and basically a hot oil therapy. Greeva Basti is bathing the neck region with medicated oil or freshly prepared herbal decoction
- Basti – Basti karma concentrates on the elimination of the distressed vata dosha out through the rectum. The treatment involves the introduction of medicinal substances, such as, herbal oils and decoctions in a liquid medium, into the rectum of the person. This is because vata is predominantly located in the colon and bones
- PatraPinda Sweda – Patra means leaves of medicinal plants. Pinda means a bolus. Sweda means Fomentation or sudation. The swedana karma or sudation therapy which is given by using a bolus which is prepared by the different combination of medicinal leaves which is processed with medicinal oil along with the medicinal herbs is called as patra panda sweda or ela kizhi. This procedure is unique, which comprises both snehana (oleation) and swedana (sudation) (snehayukta swedana)
- ChurnaPinda Sweda – The sweda or sudation given by using a bolus which is prepared by the different combination of medicated powders is called as Churna panda sweda ( podhi kizhi).
- Sarvanga dhara (pizichil): Sarvangadharais an anointing of the whole body with oil/kashayam . The flow of warm oil/kashayam gently washes away tension accumulated over years of stress. Habitual patterns of holding vital energy deep inside feel opened and soothed. As the treatment progress for a series of days the effects are felt in increasingly deeper areas so that the body and mind are enveloped in a cocoon of warmth and nurturing. Pizhichil is especially beneficial for all imbalances of Vata dosha. The digestive fire is stoked and the immune system fortified.