The brain, spinal cord, and nerves make up the nervous system. Together they control all the workings of the body. When something goes wrong with a part of your nervous system, you can have trouble moving, speaking, swallowing, breathing, or learning. You can also have problems with your memory, senses or mood. There are nearly 600 types of neurological disorders majorly including paralysis, Parkinsons disease, brain diseases, nerve compressions, migraine, alcoholism and much more syndromes/disorders. We in our hospital clearly go through the signs /symptoms patients suffering from and plan treatments.
Our treatments for neurological disorders mainly includes
- Basti– Basti karma concentrates on the elimination of the distressed vata dosha out through the rectum. The treatment involves the introduction of medicinal substances, such as herbal oils and decoctions in a liquid medium, into the rectum of the person. This is because vata is predominantly located in the colon and bones
- Virechana – Medically induced purgation which cleanses the lower digestive tract.
- PatraPinda Sweda – Patra means leaves of medicinal plants. Pinda means a bolus. Sweda means Fomentation or sudation. The swedana karma or sudation therapy which is given by using a bolus which is prepared by the different combination of medicinal leaves which is processed with medicinal oil along with the medicinal herbs is called as patra panda sweda or ela kizhi. This procedure is unique, which comprises both snehana (oleation) and swedana (sudation) (snehayukta swedana)
- ChurnaPinda Sweda – The sweda or sudation given by using a bolus which is prepared by the different combination of medicated powders is called as Churna panda sweda ( podhi kizhi).
- Nasya karma – Nasya Karma is essentially the procedure of instilling medicines through the nasal orifice. The nasal orifices are believed to be the entrance of the head. The medicine instilled through them easily penetrates the Sringataka and spreads to the Siras (arterioles) of head (shira), eyes (netra), ears(shrotra), throat(kantha) and expels out the impurities.
- Sarvanga dhara (pizichil): Sarvangadharais an anointing of the whole body with oil/kashayam . The flow of warm oil/kashayam gently washes away tension accumulated over years of stress. Habitual patterns of holding vital energy deep inside feel opened and soothed. As the treatment progress for a series of days, the effects are felt in increasingly deeper areas so that the body and mind are enveloped in a cocoon of warmth and nurturing. Pizhichil is especially beneficial for all imbalances of Vata dosha. The digestive fire is stoked and the immune system fortified.