Psychological disorders/Mental illnesses are diseases or conditions that affect how you think, feel, act, or relate to other people or to your surroundings. Various types of mental illness and mental health problems such as social anxiety, depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, drug addiction, and personality disorders. They are very common. Many people have had one or know someone who has.
Symptoms can range from mild to severe. They can also vary from person to person. In many cases, it makes daily life hard to handle. But when an expert diagnoses you and helps you get treatment, you can often get your life back on track.
We in Vedamarogya give you the humble care with our treatments and counseling for the same.
Psychological treatments mainly includes
- Shirolepa : shiras’-‘head’ and ‘lepam’-‘application of paste’. Shirolepam is a procedure wherein application of medicated paste over the head is done. It is also known by the name ‘thalapothichil’ (thala-head; pothichil-covering). The paste is prepared by using some cooling herbs mixed with buttermilk. This is an effective treatment for many of the psychological disorders. It promotes both mental and physical relaxation.
- Shirodharam: Specially prepared warm herbal oil/decocation is poured in a thin steady steam directly stream directly onto the forehead and sixth chakra. Shirodhara purifies the mind, alleviates anxiety, reduces headaches, and expands awareness.
- Shiropichu: It is a procedure (Ayurvedic treatment) wherein medicated oil is applied to the head in a special manner. It is effective in vata aggravated type of disorders. It promotes both mental and physical relaxation.
- Shiro-abhyanga:Shiro-Abhyanga that constitutes of a deep neck, shoulder and head massage with medicated oil.
- Nasya: Nasya (nasya-karma) is a term to be applied generally for medicines administered through the nasal route. Nasya karma is the best procedure for treating Sirorogas (diseases affecting the head area) like migraine, chronic headaches, physiatric disorders sinusitis, ear, nose and throat disorders.